Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow Days

I hate the cold. I grew up in one of the warmest places in Canada and have never quite acclimatized to the Prairie winters.

I tend to hibernate the winters away, much to the disappointment of my kids. I'm just not big on spending half an hour getting toddlers dressed for the cold only to stand around watching them for the next hour, freezing my butt off.

That being said, I love the snow. Snow is wonderful and if it was warmer than -30 C outside most days we have snow, my kids might get outside more in the winter months.

As is, when the snow flies we play lots of indoor games. Hide and seek, dress up and crafts are big in our house. In fact I think hide and seek is the reason that my kids count so well.

Today we got over 20cms of snow. It's gross and I have no plans on going out in it at all. I did my service by driving the Sprogling to school this morning and got to see all the cars in the ditch or in accidents.

Nope, I think hibernating is the better plan. Now if only I could get my groceries delivered to my house, I'd never have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Post Baby Chaos | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates