Saturday, September 5, 2009

Might have been a mistake...

So the Sprogling is slowly getting more verbal. I think we have maybe ten words now.

One of those words happens to be "Wow", which he learned for the explicit reason to drive me insane.


 

You see there is a new show on the channel which we watch. And we watch tv, because I am a Horrible! Awful! Parent! It has that word in its title. The title character says "wow" a lot.


 

The Sprogling is completely enamoured of this show. And you know what? It's really not bad for a kids show. BUT! (and there is a but) It's only on once a day.


 

The Sprogling would be quite happy if it was on every hour. And informs me of this by relentlessly going "Wow wow, wow wow! Wow wow wow wow wow!" While shoving the remote control at my face.


 

Yesterday I got the brilliant idea to tape it while we were out and going to be missing it anyways.

"Perfect!" I thought. "This way I'll be able to pop it on when he starts freaking out and I'll prevent a meltdown!" I chortled to myself. "I am a super smart parent extrordinaire!"


 

Oh but I was wrong.


 

Because yes! I can pop it on and it is blissfully quiet and calm. But it is only 11 am here and we have watched it FIVE! times this morning. 5! Keep in mind we only hve the one episode taped. Today's doesn't come on for three more hours and I can only assume we will be watching the same stupid episode another two times and I shall be able to quote whole tracks of it.

Save me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Post Baby Chaos | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates