Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Confession Time

Thunder and lightning scare me witless. Like hide under the covers and shake, kind of scared. Yes I know it's an irrational fear, that unless I'm out golfing or something the odds of lightning actually doing anything to me are slim to none. All the logical arguments fall on deaf ears, that's why it's called an irrational fear. It's hard playing the adult when all you want to do is hide but somehow I manage. Right now I am sitting in my darkened living room, typing on my unplugged computer. The television is turned off and unplugged, because it is huge and a million years old and if it ever goes to television heaven we won't be able to replace it with anything comparable.

My son is happily playing with a book with flaps and noisy buttons to push. My daughter is happily chewing on part of her exersaucer. I am showing great restraint by not bundling them up and hiding in the basement. They don't seem to care about the lighting that seems to be hitting right outside our window.

*FLASH* One one million, Two two... *BOOOOOOM*

I think the storms getting closer.

Our house actually shook a little with that one.

I think it all started when I was little. My childhood house sat atop a hill and when there were lightning storms they were severe. My parents loved watching them and used to make me and my sister come and sit in the living room, with floor to ceiling windows and watch with them. My sister used to tell me that it was giants making the noise and that the thunder was the sound their footsteps made as they smashed people. Thanks sis.

*FLASH FLASH!* One one... *BOOOOOOOM!*

Yup, it's getting closer.

*FLASH BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!* That last one actually burned my eyes as I looked out just as it hit. I think it must have hit our neighbours' house.

Nope, after peeking out my window it appears to have hit their tree in the front yard. I don't think they are going to be very happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Post Baby Chaos | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates