Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Home Cooking

In my kitchen stands a book case. It has five shelves and four of those shelves are dedicated just to cook books of various sorts. I have several homemade ones that chronicle the recipes of my grandparents and great grandparents, I have ones that feature mainly kids' meals and I am the proud owner of nearly every Company's Coming book. Not to mention the entire shelf dedicated to vegan and vegetarian meals. Some of my favourite books include the Pillsbury Kitchens' Cookbook and my Encyclopedia Cookbook.

I have an obscene number of books, but I generally use them all at least once a year. Maybe just the once, but some of the more popular ones get pulled out on a weekly basis. This is what happens when you marry a picky eater, raise another and then refuse to eat meat yourself. You end up scouring books for things you can all eat, or in a pinch, two or three meals with the same basic ingredients you can make at once.

This brings me to what I made last night. My new favourite book is one I picked up in Disneyland while we were there (it was my souvenir) and Oh. My. Goodness. This dessert! It's so easy, and so yummy and gosh darn, I can make it with two babies yelling for my attention.

Last night I made Twinkie Tiramisu. Yes, I know what you are thinking. Twinkies don't exactly scream decadence, but really, just try it. I've never made proper tiramisu, but I'm positive that it has to be easier and it tastes just the same if not better.

Now I'm not sure what the copy write issues might be but needless to say I won't be posting the recipe. I will say that it calls for several Twinkies layered with a pound of mascarpone cheese mixture and espresso liqueur mixture. Yummy. This is a picture of what was left after dinner tonight. Although it was made with a junk food staple, this was a grown up dessert so we have left over's. I foresee them not being there by tomorrow evening, so I'll have to figure something else out for dessert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Post Baby Chaos | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates